Make a general donation through the form below:
What Your Gift Supports
Every school year, we are delighted at what students learn through our programs, whether in person or learning at a distance. Of course, all of our programs support classroom learning goals. And independent evaluations of our work demonstrate that our approach is working. To witness students' AH-HA! moments when they learn through the arts is so inspiring.
We've seen struggling math students suddenly grasp what one-eighth meant when asked to color a grid one-quarter purple and one-eight yellow in art class.
We've read notes from 2nd graders who were surprised to discover that lighting and costumes have a huge impact on how they feel about characters on a stage.
We even heard a very proud parent say that when his 6th-grade daughter saw a performance about the Amistad trial at Hartford's Old State House, it both gave her a new respect for her city and sparked in her an intense passion for civil rights.
And now that we are supporting teaching and learning virtually, we've seen and heard how our programs benefit students' social and emotional needs during a time when the life seems so uncertain every day.
Those kinds of deep, personal experiences are what make Hartford Performs programs so powerful and so joyful.
They are what you make possible when you support Hartford Performs.
Your gift in 2020-21 will fund:
- 6-10 virtual programs per teacher to use with students to enhance in school or distance learning
- production fees to create pre-recorded videos for teachers to use with students
- artist royalty payments for each teacher selection of a program
- virtual field trips with our partner arts, cultural organizations, and historical homes
- our new online programming catalogue platform for ease of teacher access to programs