Hartford Performs is now accepting pre-application forms from new, current and returning arts providers interested in submitting a new Student Program for Hartford Public Schools to be considered for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
Deadline for Pre-Application for new student programs: February 9th
Who May Apply:
- Cultural and/or Heritage Organizations;
- Educational Institutions;
- Independent Teaching Artists;
- Museums/Art Institutions;
- Performing Arts Organizations; or
- Performing Artist and/or Performance Groups/Companies.
Organizations, performing arts groups and independent teaching artist must meet the minimum requirements.
- Teaching Artists must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must have prior experience working with PreK - 8 students.
- Must be available to deliver programming/performances during the school day.
For the 2018 - 2019 school year we are looking for Program Applications that might include, but are not limited to:
- Content for middle school students, Grades 6 – 8
- Offsite experiences in: dance (2nd grade), music (4th grade), museum/visual art (6th grade) and theater (8th grade).
- Integration of physical education, health or wellness with your art form
- Hartford-based artists and organizations
Are you a current or returning arts provider and have a new idea for a program?
Click this link to apply:
Are you an artist or an arts organization interested in providing arts programming to Hartford Public School students in grades PreK to 8? Curious about what it takes to be a Hartford Performs arts providers?
Click Here to learn about Hartford Performs and how we could partner together in arts engagement.
Attend our Hartford Performs Information Session on Monday, January 29th from 4:00 - 6:00 pm in Hartford. REGISTER HERE
It is imperative for Hartford Performs to align to the School District’s background check policy. ALL freelance artists are required to have their fingerprints and background check done before their programs are allowed into Hartford Public Schools. If you are an arts organization, Hartford Performs is operating under the assumption that you have done a background check on your employees and will also be held liable for any misconduct of programs entering the schools on your organization’s behalf.
Fingerprinting Process: Updated Information Coming for 2018-19
FAQ Arts Providers have about fingerprinting:
Ensuring students’ safety and wellbeing is of paramount importance, both to Hartford Public Schools and Hartford Performs.
To that end, Hartford Performs will require all of its teaching artists to complete an online mandatory reporter training course through the Connecticut Department of Children and Families. Click below to complete this 45-minute program.