Be an asset to the community by getting involved with Hartford Performs! Whether you’re a teacher, an arts provider, a parent, an intern, or a thoughtful contributor, your support is invaluable to our organization. Check out the links on this page for some great ways to get involved.
Become a Hartford Performs Arts Provider!
We are now accepting applications for new arts integration programs for the 2017-2018 school year! For more information about the application process and application links click here.
To register for Hartford Performs Info Session on March 21, 3:00 – 5:00pm click here.
To register for Hartford Performs Application Workshop for Access and Alignment Programs on March 29, 4:00 – 6:00pm click here.
|(Boxes are checked if relevant for the application)||Access||Alignment||Integration|
|Hartford Performs/Application Info Session||Tues, 3/21, 3:00 – 5:00pm||X||X||X|
|Access and Alignment Program Workshop Session||Weds, 3/29, 4:00 – 6:00pm||X||X|
|Deadline for Integration Program Letter of Intent||Mon, 4/3, 3:00pm||X|
|Kennedy Center’s Mapping the Journey: Planning Effective Residencies for Students||Thurs, 5/11- Fri, 5/12, 9:00 – 5:00pm||X|
|Deadline for applications and residency plans||Fri, 5/26, 3:00pm||X||X||X|
|New Arts Provider Orientation||Monday, 6/19, 9:00-12:00pm||X||X||X|
Professional Learning (PL)
Part of the vision and implementation of Hartford Performs as an arts education partnership includes providing ongoing professional learning for teachers, school staff and arts providers. To that end Hartford Performs will be providing opportunities to assist you in preparing your application
Hartford Performs Information Session – Tuesday, March 21, 3:00 – 5:00pm
This information session is for those new to Hartford Performs. Applicants will gain understanding of Hartford Performs and how programs are offered to schools. This session is strongly encouraged for those who are NEW to Hartford Performs. The agenda will include:
- Introduction and background of Hartford Performs
- Benefits of becoming a Hartford Performs arts provider
- Overview of the Hartford Performs program application process
- Differences between the Access, Alignment and Integration applications
- What to expect at the upcoming workshops
To register for the Hartford Performs Information Session click here
Application Workshop for Access and Alignment Programs – Wednesday, March 29, 4:00 – 6:00pm
Session is applicable for those applying with Access and Alignment programs.
This session is designed for applicants to gain a deeper understanding of the HP application process and begin thinking about how to bridge core curriculum subjects to the arts. This interactive workshop will explore the needs of the Hartford Public School district and how to take a backwards-design approach to developing an access or alignment program. The workshop will include:
- Hartford Performs application walk-through
- Developing assessable learning targets for your program
- Understanding identified areas of need and interest when designing new program and/or refining a current program.
To register for the Hartford Performs Application Workshop click here.
Who May Apply
- Cultural and/or Heritage Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Independent Teaching Artists
- Museums/Art Institutions
- Performing Arts Organizations
- Performing Artist and/or Performance Groups/Companies
Organizations, performing arts groups and independent teaching artist must meet the below outlined minimum requirements.
- Teaching artists must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must have prior experience working with PK-8 students.
- Must be available to deliver programming/performances during the school day.
- Must have extensive experience, and knowledge of an art form.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Must be willing to work in and with all Hartford Public Schools in Hartford, CT.
All applications and supporting materials will be reviewed by a Selection Committee of classroom teachers, administrators, certified arts educators and Hartford Performs staff. Each application will be evaluated based on:
- Clarity of application
- Applicant’s understanding of arts integration and the arts integration continuum
- Clear and strong program learning objectives in both a content area and art form
- Uniqueness of program (must be interesting to busy teachers)
- Academic and artistic rigor of the program
- Program alignment to both arts and content standards
- Appropriateness/relevance for grade level(s) selected
- Measurement on the learning impact of the program
To begin filling out a Hartford Performs Program Application, click on the application instructions link below: